VITESSE AWARDED "GREEN" ISO 14001 ASSESSMENT
Today, it's no longer sufficient for organisations to merely claim their "green" credentials. Credibility demands a properly verified strategy and commitment to environmental sustainability - that is where ISO 14001:2004 comes in.
ISO 14001 is an internationally recognised standard for an organisation's environmental sustainability, relating to the site or sites that it operates from.
Vitesse has never underestimated the part it has to play in ensuring that the production of the Vitesse brand is as environmentally friendly as possible.
To this end, earlier this year Vitesse applied to the British Assessment Bureau to be certified as a company reaching the ISO 14001 benchmark standard.
We are pleased to say that we have just been confirmed by the British Assessment Bureau's Approvals Board and received our certificate of conformity to the ISO 14001: 2004 standard.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is often seen as the cornerstone standard of the ISO14000 series. It specifies a framework of control for an Environmental Management System and is the only ISO 14000 standard against which it is currently possible to be certified by an external certification body.
This standard is applicable to any organisation that wishes to:
- implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system
- assure itself of its conformance with its own stated environmental policy
- demonstrate conformance
- ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- seek certification of its environmental management system by an authorised external certification body
- make a self-determination of conformance